The Singing Cop

Jay Curtman - A Christian, a husband, A father, A Singer, And a Law Man - In that order.

Monday, August 30, 2004

Hello! Well I put off the inevitable....creating a blog! It was bound to happen sooner or later. For those of you who don't know me....I am a former deputy sheriff and police officer. I am currently a corrections officer. I write / sing / perform gospel music...along with my wife, Teresa, whenever I get the chance. Last night we did a concert at a Nazarene Church near where we lived. It was great! Had a few problems with the church's sound system but we made it through the night. The people there were extremely friendly. I hurt my foot last week and had to take a few days off. I made mention to my pastor, Brother Danny Collins (Calvary Baptist Church in Dexter, MO) that due to my foot I was unable to mow my lawn last week and it was high! I told him I had to get to it soon!!! I mowed it this morning and about 1/2 hour later he came by with his son, Aaron to mow it for me! What a sweet pleasant surprise. What a servant! Brother Danny has only been with us a few weeks and he has already been a huge blessing to our church! Teresa and I are hoping to purchase our own sound system so we won't have problems like we did last night anymore. God will provide!

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home