The Singing Cop

Jay Curtman - A Christian, a husband, A father, A Singer, And a Law Man - In that order.

Sunday, January 21, 2007

Death in the family

January 21 - Wow....already this month is about over. We had a death in the family. Uncle Raymond passed away this last week. He will be missed. I did not know him very well. I've only met him a few times but my wife was close to him and still is with his wife, Aunt Margarette. Teresa is driving up tomorow to be with her. My MIL, Seth, and Teresa's brother - Allen, are going too. My dad met Uncle Raymond this last week and he will be preaching the funeral on Tuesday.

The police department is really stepping into the 21st Century. We now have a $25,000 surveillance kit, a police car video recording system, and even a laptop mounted in the car. My officer's have thanked me for acquiring the latter two items. They will really be used! We have had the car camera system for two days and already it has been used to protect one officer from a possible fabricated complaint (I'm expecting a complaint but don't have it yet) and to record a DWI arrest. Who knows maybe in the near future you may see one of us on Court TV...probably not. :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home