The Singing Cop

Jay Curtman - A Christian, a husband, A father, A Singer, And a Law Man - In that order.

Tuesday, November 30, 2004

IN THE VALLEY

Years ago my beloved Uncle Kenny pastored a church in Kiwani, Missouri. It was a very small building with a parsonage next door. A group from way down south....Mississippi or Louisiana, I think use to come every now and then and put on a small gospel concert. This group was called The Gospel Continentals. They were a major influence on me musically. They did a lot of their music in a slow blues style. I pulled out an old recording of theirs and found an old old song called In The Valley. I recorded it tonight and I think it sounds pretty good....take a listen:
www.soundclick.com/bands/2/jaycurtmanmusic.htm
Uncle Kenny passed away several years ago after a bout with cancer....He is no longer in his valley!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home